Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities of California (APIDC) gives a voice and a face to Asians and Pacific Islanders (APIs) with physical, mental, and developmental disabilities. We seek to help break down the service and cultural barriers faced by APIs with disabilities, to provide knowledge to APIs with disabilities and their families, and to create a community network for empowerment and independence.
Key to our mission is the development of the next generation of leaders—youth with disabilities.
2016 Statewide Disabilities Conference
The Conference has ended, with over 500 people attending! Go to the 2016 Disabilities Conference page for the Conference Brochure and breakout session presentations.
See this story on KABC Non-profit Helps Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities that talks about some of the challenges faced by Asians and Pacific Islanders with disabilities.
Los Angeles Asian American & Pacific Islander Giving Circle
Items of Interest
- On Stage and With Pageants, Jennifer Kumiyama is Improving Life for People With Disabilities
- Asian Pacific Americans With Disabilities: Our Stories, Our Lives – an informal survey conducted by the Disability Visibility Project
- 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Webinar: Becoming the Healthiest Nation: Addressing the Social Determinants of AAPI Health
- Research Study – The Safety Project for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Congress Passes the ABLE Act
- A Message about Special Assistance Programs from the Southern California Gas